Fanshaws Room (the parish hall)
Fanshaws Room is a charming small community hall in a converted barn, particularly suitable for children’s parties, anniversary celebrations, small workshops and meetings. It can seat up to fifty for a meal.
How much does hiring the hall cost?
- Currently the hire cost is £10 per hour, with a reduction for residents of Brickendon Liberty parish.
- A refundable damage deposit may be charged.
- Set-up and clear up time must be allowed for within your booking period.
Is there anything the hall will not be let for?
- Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate teenage or grownups parties, or any event requiring disco or other loud music. There is no music equipment provided in the hall.
- The kitchen has a cooker, microwave and fridge; it has a double sink, tea and coffee making facilities and crockery, but no cutlery. There is also a dish washer but, if used, it must be emptied before the hirer leaves the hall.
- There are ten large tables plus eight small ones and plenty of chairs, these items are only for use inside the hall.
- The hall must be left clean and tidy ready for the next booking. Although it is cleaned regularly we have no resident caretaker.
- Set-up and tidying time must be included within your hire period.
- There is a hard standing alongside the hall which would accommodate two medium size vehicles and a car parking area opposite is provided for hall users and those accessing play equipment on the Green.
Fanshaws Room is located facing the village green, at 51°45'15.66" N, 0°05'14.20" E. Set your SatNav to Brickendon Green SG13 8PB. See on a map.
For bookings please phone 01992 511551.