The Chapel of the Holy Cross and St Alban, Brickendon, was built in 1932 on land donated by Minnie Kingsley and with funds given by Mrs Kingsley and her daughter Constance Demain Saunders. The chapel was consecrated on 27 May 1933 by the Bishop of Bedford. At this time, part of Brickendon was transferred from the ecclesiastical parish of All Saints, Hertford, to the parish of St. Mary, Bayford. Further parts of Brickendon were transferred to Bayford parish from All Saints, as well as from St Augustines, Broxbourne, in about 2007.
Dedicated to the Holy Cross of Waltham, with which Brickendon has historic links, and the patron saint of the diocese, the chapel is a chapel of ease in the ecclesiastical parish of Bayford, part of the Hartford Hundred West group of churches.
The war memorial for Brickendon is outside Bayford churchyard.
For details of services at Brickendon please see the Group website.
|Rector:||The Reverend Theresa Musiwacho|
|Rectory office:||Hartford Hundred Rectory|
|1 Little Berkhamsted Lane|
|Little Berkhamsted, Hertford SG13 8LU, 01707 875940|
|Churchwarden:||Gerry Gay, 01992 465304|
Wormley West End is in the parish of St Laurence, Wormley.
Number: 0330 606 0403. Access code: 568124 #
Zoom Bible study sessions run on the 1st and last Tuesday of the month at 7pm for 40minutes. To get more information contact email@example.com
The monthly Parish Magazine contains all the church and village news from our parishes. It costs just 60p per copy or £6 for an annual subscription. Please contact Mike Wainwright at firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe.